Cell Press Community Review
A new approach to peer review and publication
Finding the right journal for your paper can be a major source of stress and can slow down the overall process of getting published. Cell Press Community Review aims to help you find the right fit for your paper quickly and easily by considering it simultaneously at multiple Cell Press journals of your choice, using the same review process. Choosing Community Review increases the likelihood that your paper will be formally peer reviewed at Cell Press, helps you avoid serial rounds of review, and shortens the time needed to go from submission to publication.
Your paper will be considered at multiple Cell Press journals simultaneously using the same review process. A Cell Press editor will provide publication options for you across the Cell Press family of life and health science journals in consultation with peer reviewers and the editors of the journals you choose to be considered for. We will work with you to identify and navigate a path to publication aligned with your resources, needs, and preferences.
If you are not sure, find out with a presubmission inquiry! Just send us the title and abstract to get quick feedback on your potential submission from multiple Cell Press journals at the same time without having to contact each of them individually.
- Expect high-quality, expert review structured to give you the feedback you need to assess revision requirements for the journals you are considering.
- Determine how much you want to evolve your project/paper with structured feedback from expert reviewers.
- Contrast and compare your options so you can make a considered decision on the journal that’s right for you.
- Engage with a professional scientific editor who will serve as your ambassador with handling editors and expert reviewers.
- Receive guidance on the most appropriate audience and fit for your paper.
- Assimilate feedback and weigh your options post peer-review with a point of contact whose primary focus is you and your research.
- Save valuable time with a unified, integrated submission and review process.
- Get direction and counsel early in the process with an initial editorial assessment.
- Zoom in on the journal that is right for your research more quickly and efficiently.
- Gain more exposure within Cell Press with simultaneous submission and peer review.